Max has a cold. A hazard for most two year olds when you’re in the germ pit of hell that is nursery, but for Max his extra chromosome makes a cold a bit more problematic.
Firstly his lower immune system makes him more susceptible to catching germs (not helped that lots of kids like to hug and kiss him) Secondly he has extra small internal tubes which makes snot harder to get rid of, so he gets bunged up, making his oxygen levels drop. Thirdly he produces more snot than most adults, let alone other two year olds!
What Max does have in common with most toddlers is;
- Hates having his nose wiped and acts like his snot is being being robbed from him when you do!
- Cannot blow his nose. How many toddlers can blow their noses and how do you explain to a two year old how to do it?
- Snot it sticky stuff, particularly if it’s dried onto a face. Superglue has nothing on the super powers of snot!
- Likes to share his snot on occasion, particularly on Mummy’s clothes and ideally when you don’t notice until you’re at work and it’s dried on.
- Irritable when he has a cold and NOTHING mummy or daddy do is right
- Can be right as rain one moment, charging around the house and then next wanting cuddles and milk because he suddenly remembers he has a cold 🤦♀️
Let’s hope we have a early spring this year and the cold season finishes soon!